Derjaun received his Masters in Social Work from the University of Minnesota in 2018. Since then, Derjaun has worked in different areas of family support including, the educational setting, child protection, and as a part time Hospital Social Worker. Derjaun is a Licensed Graduate Social Worker who will soon be a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker.
Derjaun specializes in working with individuals, families, groups and children therapy. Derjaun also specializes in supporting youth/teens who have been impacted by different forms of trauma including but not limited to domestic violence, physical/sexual abuse, and neglect. Derjaun has spent time working with and supporting youth who are involved with the child welfare system.
In his free time, Derjaun enjoys spending time with his family, singing, and reading.
Education, Trainings, and Affiliations:
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology 2009, Indiana University-Purdue University
- Master of Social Work May 2018, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker, MN BOSW (#27285)/Eligible for LICSW Exam
- Title IV-E Fellow
- Certificate of Completion in the MN Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program
- DHS Child Welfare Foundation Training